Re: Who's a "Corporate Sponsor"?

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>,PostgreSQL advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Who's a "Corporate Sponsor"?
Date: 2004-12-03 19:17:47
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
>>3) do add-ins count if they are completely externally hosted?
>

> No.  Sponsoring PostgreSQL means that the results of the effort become
> part of PostgreSQL (the code, the documentation, the web site, the
> advocacy effort, etc.).  Merely producing software that works with
> PostgreSQL does not "sponsor" PostgreSQL.

I go back to my http://projects.postgresql.org argument.

Your argument suggests that we do not list JDBC or .Net... Without
the drivers PostgreSQL would be pretty useless.

> I would be very careful about the hosting argument.  Before you know it,
> everyone who dumps some code on pgFoundry wants to be a sponsor because
> his code is internally hosted.  We really need a selection process of
> recognized PostgreSQL software.

Well.... all projects on pgFoundry are approved. It is not automatic.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

   Then we might even include externally

--
Command Prompt, Inc., home of PostgreSQL Replication, and plPHP.