Re: SPI function to investigate query semantics

From: Thomas Hallgren <thhal(at)mailblocks(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SPI function to investigate query semantics
Date: 2004-12-01 20:55:40
Lists: pgsql-patches

Tom Lane wrote:

>Looks pretty rejectish to me...
>
> regards, tom lane

Arrghh.
Forget my patch. It's not possible to set savepoints at all using SPI!
Here I was, thinking that only begin/commit/rollback was rejected (I
trusted the documentation and did not dive into the code).

A patch is needed for the documentation to clarify this :-)

So what *is* the appropriate way of starting, releasing, and rolling
back savepoints then?

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren