Exception on connect

From: "Raymond O'Donnell" <rod(at)iol(dot)ie>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Exception on connect
Date: 2004-12-01 13:53:34
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi all,

I've installed the new release of PgAdmin, but it falls over when I
try to connect to the local server. I'm running WinXP Pro, and am
still on PostgreSQL 8.0 beta 1.

PgAdmin starts up normally, and then I double-click on the server to
connect. I enter the password in the dialog box, and and this point
it crashes. The following appears in the event log:

Faulting application pgadmin3.exe,
version 1.2.0.0,
faulting module libpq.dll,
version 0.0.0.0,
fault address 0x0000ec62.

I don't know whether this has any bearing, but I did a search for
libpq.dll and found multiple copies and versions on my hard disk -
just one in c:\windows\system32 (version 8.0.0.0), but there are also
copies in C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.0-beta1\bin and C:\Program
Files\PostgreSQL\8.0-beta1\lib (no version info, but both 132,536
bytes), not to mention C:\Program Files\Borland\Delphi6\Bin (version
7.3.3.0, 32,768 bytes).

Has anyone encountered this problem?

--Ray.

Raymond O'Donnell http://www.galwaycathedral.org/recitals
rod(at)iol(dot)ie Galway Cathedral Recitals