Re: src/timezone/pgtz __imp__my_exec_path

From: Reini Urban <rurban(at)x-ray(dot)at>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: cygwin <cygwin(at)cygwin(dot)com>, pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: src/timezone/pgtz __imp__my_exec_path
Date: 2004-11-27 12:09:24
Lists: pgsql-cygwinpgsql-hackers
postgresql-cygwin is working fine. See the testfarm.
Just cygwin itself, cygserver - the IPC daemon - has problems.

On msgctl(IPC_INFO) the internal msg buffer struct msqid_ds *buf is
allocated at a non-writable area, IsBadWritePtr() fails. I suspect it's
a new gcc-3.4 feature, but haven't found the problem yet. gcc-3.3 fails
also. (these don't have dwarf-2 support yet, just sjlj. cygwin itself is
c++ and uses exceptions heavily.)

It works for most users out there, but not for me, this is why I didn't
did a proper beta5 cygwin release yet. A pity that no one else can
confirm my cygserver problems yet.

And I got beta4 on a fairly busy server working only with
max-connection=2, not more.

--
I'm using MozTweak addon, and you? MozTweak: http://www.MozillaPL.org