Pb with the ./configure script

From: D'Artagnan <cremasch(at)essi(dot)fr>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Pb with the ./configure script
Date: 2004-11-23 13:24:48
Lists: pgadmin-support
Hello everybody,
i am a new member of this mailing-list, because i tried yesterday to
install pgadmin3 on a computer i am not root on, so.... let's go to
compile from sources !
(I am a student in charge of the installation of different GNU/Linux
software in a french engineer school in computer sciences.)

I have installed without any problem wxWindows, and the stc "add-on"
which is required by pgadmin3.
But i have got a problem with the "--with-wx" option of pgadmin3 : there
is a good detection of the binary "wx-config" but the script can't find
the stc add-on.
In the configure script of pgadmin3, i've read that, with the
"--with-wx" option, it searches the directory "include" on the same
hierarchical level that the directory "bin", which is totally unusual.

My structure is like this (for wxWindows) :
.
`-- 20031010-7__1
    |-- install
    |   |-- arch
    |   |   `-- Tettnang
    |   |       |-- bin
    |   |       `-- lib
    |   |           `-- wx
    |   |               `-- include
    |   |                   `-- gtk2ud-2.5
    |   |                       `-- wx
    |   `-- noarch
    |       |-- include
    |       |   `-- wx
    |       |       |-- generic
    |       |       |-- gtk
    |       |       |-- html
    |       |       |-- protocol
    |       |       |-- stc
    |       |       |-- unix
    |       |       |-- xml
    |       |       `-- xrc
    |       `-- share
    |           |-- ...            //lots of things here about locale
    |           |-- aclocal
    |           |-- locale
    |           `-- wx
    |               `-- 2.5
    |                   |-- afm
    |                   `-- gs_afm
    `-- log

So you can see the marked difference between the architectural dependant
files, and the non-architectural dependant files (a classical usage of
the "--prefix" and "--exec-prefix" options)
After editing the configure script, i can start the compilation phase
but there are some C++ errors of compilation (static cast error for
example), so i suppose it can't find some files .h from the stc add-on.

Is there any solution for me to make pgadmin3 undertand that my
"include" directory of wxWindows is NOT at the same place that the "bin"
directory ?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Cremaschi Xavier.

pgadmin-support by date

Next:From: blacknozDate: 2004-11-23 18:04:11