Re: "Stretchy" vs. Fixed-width

From: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>,Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>,Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: "Stretchy" vs. Fixed-width
Date: 2004-11-21 22:59:56
Lists: pgsql-www
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
<snip>

 > A fixed width site is much easier to maintain

For something that's based on opinion, shouldn't we then start looking
at other qualities?

For example, the above comment by Joshua "A fixed width site is much
easier to maintain" seems to be accurate for one of the most important
points for the web team.

We don't have copious amounts of time to tweak stuff, so taking the
lower-maintenance approach would be a better idea wouldn't it?

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

<snip>