preparing for the forthcoming 1.3/1.4 version, I'm already prototyping a
little on automatic updates, and there are a lot of decisions to take.
We have three areas to update:
- The program itself. We will just notify the user that there's
something new he might be interested in (depending on beta/release).
- the current language. A word count can be used as version. Automatic
- a different language, which might require an update pgadmin3.lng too.
Since the language isn't necessarily loaded, no version check can be
- How to inform the user about possible updates? MsgBox? Toolbar button
showing enabled? Update check will be performed asynchronously, so it
might pop up in the middle of something.
- Dedicated update dialog or an options tab?
- We could post some statistical data about the pga installation
(OS/version/backend versions/server count/???) to get a little feedback;
how to collect these?
Multiple opinions welcome.
pgadmin-hackers by date
|Next:||From: Raphaël Enrici||Date: 2004-11-21 19:10:35|
|Subject: [mostly solved] pgAdmin III 1.2.0 RC2 Debian packages available|
|Previous:||From: Andreas Pflug||Date: 2004-11-21 17:48:27|
|Subject: Re: bug on debian... what's wrong with me ?|