Re: Vote on Omar Design

From: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>,Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>,Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Vote on Omar Design
Date: 2004-11-19 23:34:19
Lists: pgsql-www
Marc G. Fournier wrote:
<snip>
> The thing is, we already have a new design
> (http://wwwdevel.postgresql.org/) ... so its not 'a design' that is
> holding things up ...

Cool.  I hadn't checked that recently, and it looks a lot better than I
remembered.  Lucasz' design looks ok too.

Omar's design does look better than Lucasz' one, and is in line with the
newer websites created for the Mozilla project.  But, they're both large
improvements over the present design, so choosing either will be a good
step ahead.

Out of the two, I'd pick Omar's one, but I'm not hugely bothered either
way. ;)

Personally, I think it would be a good idea to add this vote to the main
PG front page survey/poll thing:

***********

"Which proposed PG website do you prefer?"

+ Don't care
+ Lucasz (with it linked)
+ Omar's (with it linked)

The "Don't care" at the top is to stop people mis-voting by hitting the
button without choosing.  We could even put a news item at the top too,
linked so that people can vote through that.

Worth doing?  I update the poll on the PG site if it is.

:)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift