Re: Vote on Omar Design

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Vote on Omar Design
Date: 2004-11-19 16:41:04
Lists: pgsql-www

> Why do I feel I am in the middle of some political power grab? Omar has
> been submitting patches which are being reviewed and getting committed
> so things seem ok there. I have already laid out a case for problems in
> Lukacz's design that I don't see anyone interested in addressing, but by
> the same token I still have not seen a "stretchy" version of Omar's
> design which we have said we need to see before we can swap. These calls
> for voting are just hand-waving IMHO.

I don't think they are hand-waving. I think they are let's get off our
butts and get a modern, usable design in place.

I also don't think it has anything to do with what people think is or
isn't going on in terms of hard work as much as a want to have a new
website design in place before 8.0.

Basically, all the designs that have been presented are light years (at
least the versions I have seen) past what the community has now. They
may not be perfect, but so what? Let's get something pleasant to look at
in place.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
Command Prompt, Inc., home of PostgreSQL Replication, and plPHP.

Attachment Content-Type Size
jd.vcf text/x-vcard 640 bytes