Re: Can someone verify CVS tip on Win32?

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Can someone verify CVS tip on Win32?
Date: 2004-11-17 22:44:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

Tom Lane wrote:

>"Matthew T. O'Connor" <matthew(at)tocr(dot)com> writes:
>

>>*Yikes*  I should have been more careful, I forgot to check that the new
>>arguments I added didn't conflict with the windows only args.
>>

>>The new -n -N were basically picked at random, any other set of
>>non-colliding letters would work fine.
>>

>OK.  I changed it to -l.

Everything builds fine now on Win32. Make check, and make installcheck
run clean. I still got a contrib/installcheck failure, but I'm not sure
it's related to recent changes.

I seem to see this regularly on SPARC/(Solaris or OpenBSD) platforms and
now I've seen it on Intel/Windows - see buildfarm histories for members
spoonbill, potorooo and loris. The symptom is that some regression
script will fail and this will be the only output:

psql: FATAL:  database "regression" does not exist

I have not seen it on the REL7_4_STABLE branch, only on HEAD.

I wish I knew what it was.

cheers

andrew