Re: Problem installing postgresql in XP with cygwin

From: Klint Gore <kg(at)kgb(dot)une(dot)edu(dot)au>
To: franciscojavier(dot)solis(at)sainsel(dot)abengoa(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problem installing postgresql in XP with cygwin
Date: 2004-11-16 05:47:20
Lists: pgsql-bugs
On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 13:28:02 +0100, franciscojavier(dot)solis(at)sainsel(dot)abengoa(dot)com wrote:
> I'm installinng postgresql in XP with cygwin. I have downloaded the last
> version of cygwin today, so the software is up to date.
> I have included in the download the packages cygrunsrv and cygipc, in
> addition to postgres, of course.
>
> I have created a new user postgres with right to log on as a service.
> After I have executed the previous sentence I did in cygwin:
>
> ipc-daemon2 --install-as-service

this has been replaced with cygserver

make sure the CYGWIN environment variable is set to SERVER
run cygserver-config

then start the cygserver service or run the cygserver in the background

then try the initdb again.

Can you post another message to the list with where the instructions you
followed are so they can be updated?

klint.

: Klint Gore                            : "Non rhyming    :
: EMail   : kg(at)kgb(dot)une(dot)edu(dot)au           :  slang - the    :
: Snail   : A.B.R.I.                    :  possibilities  :
: Mail      University of New England   :  are useless"   :
:           Armidale NSW 2351 Australia :     L.J.J.      :
: Fax     : +61 2 6772 5376             :                 :