Re: diff -c please

From: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: diff -c please
Date: 2004-11-14 11:55:16
Lists: pgsql-patches

Simon Riggs wrote:
> I note at least 3 people have submitted patches in other
> formats in the last week.

I'm one of the guilty parties (as is Gavin, I'd imagine). As I explained
in an earlier mail to -patches, the reason I've been submitting unified
diffs is that Gavin and I have been using the Monotone version control
system for development, and at present it only generates unified diffs.
I've been meaning to submit a fix for that -- I'll send the Monotone
folks a patch adding context diff support on Monday or Tuesday. So I
pledge to stop sending unified diffs ASAP :)

(BTW, I actually find unified diffs much easier to read. But since the
consensus is apparently to prefer context diffs, I'm happy to oblige.)

-Neil