Re: [translators] Regional Press Contacts, Press

From: Jean-Christophe Arnu <jx(at)tuxfarm(dot)org>
To: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [translators] Regional Press Contacts, Press
Date: 2004-11-12 14:45:18
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Andrew Sullivan m'expliquait  (le 11.11.2004 19:42):

>On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 09:38:48AM -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
>

>>>Is there any reason to have a Canadian presence on here, and is there
>>>a reason to have someone who can speak French?  (Or redirect the
>>>

>Actaully, my technical French is sufficiently bad that it would
>probably be harmful to our cause.  And I'm not sure there'd be much
>advantage anglo-only.  If anyone thinks differently, though, let me
>know.

    Well, I'm not sure abour my proposal (if it's well fitted to the needs).
    Maybe you could redirect your french traffic to us, if Fran├žois and
you agree. The best is to have a QC/francophone contact on your atlantic
side. If you don't, I have a friend of mine in Montreal that could
eventually be a contact (I will send him a mail to know this). Local
contact will add credibility to our project (IMHO).

    Let us (Fran├žois and I) know your decision.

Cheers

--
Jean-Christophe