PgSQL error codes in PHP

From: Dawid Ferenczy <ferenczy(at)volny(dot)cz>
To: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PgSQL error codes in PHP
Date: 2004-11-12 13:01:11
Lists: pgsql-php

Hi,

I need help, please - I tried Google, some specialized mailinglist
and I got no result for a week. I would like to determine PgSQL error
codes in PHP after executing a query, but I found functions for getting
error messages only which I found not usable (messages are often
localised and so on). On PHP manual pages is for that reason some patch,
but only for PHP 4.x and with broken link ;) I need solution in PHP 5.

For example:

'CREATE TABLE xxx;'

If table already exists, PgSQL return error message "Relation xxx
already exists" or "Relace xxx jiz existuje" in czech language and (not
in UTF-8 coding ;)

So now, I know that some error occurs but I cannot determine cause :(
(compare error messages is nonsense).

If I'll not find relevant solution, I'm going to write this function
in PgSQL extension (oh my God!!! [I'm atheist ;) ])

Sorry for my english, it isn't my strong side, if you want I'll
welcome some language corrections ;)

Thanx a lot, you are my last chance before I'll go to write my own
implementation...

--
Dawid Ferenczy
http://xcoder.jinak.cz