Re: Database /properties/variables problem.

From: Gary Doades <gpd(at)gpdnet(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: Pgadmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Database /properties/variables problem.
Date: 2004-11-09 19:34:26
Lists: pgadmin-support
Andreas Pflug wrote:
> Gary Doades wrote:
>
>> Trying to set variables of a database using PGAdmin 3 (Windows, latest
>> beta snapshot). I connect to the Windows (beta 4) server select a
>> database, right click, select properties, variables tab.
>

> We had a combobox fix in RC1 for win32 (which in turn corrupted our GTK
> code...), try that.
>
> Regards,
> Andreas

Err well.. the program works just fine thanks. The combo boxes now seem
OK in RC1. But the installer seems a bit screwy. I tried to install RC1
over the beta version that installed with PostgreSQL beta4 installer. It
left the old one in there.

I removed all traces of the pgadmin beta and tried to re-install. Target
was "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.0.0-beta4\pgadmin III\". The
installer just put pg_dump and pg_restore in there! Uninstalled,
re-installed with the default folder, same problem. Searched for
pgadmin3.exe and it (and the rest of the files/folders) were on D:\.

What happened????

Apart from fixing that it might be much less confusing to come to some
agreement on where to install pgadmin. The PosgreSQL Windows installer
and the pgadmin installer put it in different places.

Cheers,
Gary.