Re: Additional features for pgAdmin

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Additional features for pgAdmin
Date: 2004-11-05 17:02:32
Lists: pgadmin-support
Dave Page wrote:

>>>Andreas; do you have a minute to look at that?
>>
>>Fixed. OTOH, we should discuss if we should register and
>>connect at the same time at all, or simply remove automatic
>>connection code.
>

> Thanks. Hmm, good question though - perhaps we should simply ask the
> user if they want to connect now when saving a connection.

Another option, but is this really necessary? (it's not KISS)
The current way results from 1.0 times when we didn't have editing
server properties. If implemented from scratch, we probably would have
registrating separated from connecting.

>>>(should have loads more time after next week - promise!! :-p ).
>>
>>Promises, promises...
>>;-)
>

> I know, I know - but this time it's true :-).

Seeing is believing :-p

> I hand in my dissertation
> on Wednesday, and then that's it

Don't forget to publish it here, we want to see what distracted your
attention from pgadmin!

- no more Uni for the first time in 2.5
> years! The following two weeks I'll be taking as leave from work, but
> will be around, and after that, I'll be looking for a new project. Was
> toying with the idea of working on either a graphical explain tool,

Peter Eisentraut will love to hear that.

> or the 4GL I've been wanting to do for years.

Did you already plant your tree and created your editor?

Regards,
Andreas