Re: RC1 Uploaded

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: RC1 Uploaded
Date: 2004-11-04 17:54:20
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Dave Page wrote:
> I've uploaded RC1 in src, win32 and slack91 formats to
> developer.pgadmin.org. Can someone double check them please. I've also
> uploaded new win32 libs with pg_dump.exe and pg_restore.exe included, as
> well as a couple of other new libs that libpq requires for the NLS
> support that was recently enabled on Windows.
>
> Raphael - do you have time to do an announcement?

A website update announcing RC1 is uploaded, but the gold release
certainly should be announced more glamourously.

> Couple of thoughts in preparation for final release:
>
> 1) We need a proper 'non-techy' announcement advertising the new
> features for end users since 1.0.x. Can you do that one as well Raphael?

That would be good.

> 2) We need to decide on a cutoff level for translation inclusion. 90%
> translated?

Hm, the percentage isn't really the problem, it's the question whether
we should drop previously released languages. This would kick out 10
languages (tr_TR will come as soon as Devrim has a working machine,
which is a prerequisite for Fedora packages anyway).I contacted all
three times.

> 3) We will need to advertise the new release as much as possible -
> freshmeat, /., postgresql.org etc. Any volunteers to hit those with the
> release announcements?

I'm not really a selling person... Any support is greatly appreciated.

> Anything else need considering?

Nothing that comes to my mind now.

Regards,
Andreas