Re: Rollback in Postgres

From: Lewis Cunningham <lewisc(at)rocketmail(dot)com>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, samantha mahindrakar <sam(dot)mahindrakar(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Rollback in Postgres
Date: 2008-07-12 19:04:52
Lists: pgsql-sql

--- On Sat, 7/12/08, Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> What I would appreciate as regards Oracle's flashback
> technology would
> have been a link to a well written review showing the warts
> as well as
> the beauty. I've found that Oracle stuff sounds good
> on paper, and
> turns into a giant maintenance nightmare upon deployment.
> But that's
> just what I've seen looking over Oracle DBA shoulders
> in the past.

Oracle-base is a site I trust and use. Tim writes very good articles and this is one he did recently covering flashback in 11g. The example on flashback transaction is the best I've seen.

http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/11g/FlashbackAndLogminerEnhancements_11gR1.php

Lewis R Cunningham

An Expert's Guide to Oracle Technology
http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/oracle/guide/