Re: Importing Microsoft Sql Server 2000

From: Aleksandar Dezelin <dezelin32(at)fastmail(dot)fm>
To: rkr(at)buildways(dot)com, pgsql-novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Importing Microsoft Sql Server 2000
Date: 2004-11-02 16:42:12
Lists: pgsql-novice

Ryan Riehle wrote:

>I have some experience with that so feel free to contact me if you run
>into any snags. Hopefully you are on your way by now.
>
> -RYAN

I have a problem with converting a MSSQL database to PostgreSQL. I saw
in the data types list that PostgreSQL doesn't support Guid
(uniqueidentifier) as a built-in type. So I'm just currious what data
type to use instead of MSSQL uniqueidentifier?

Best regards,
Aleksandar Dezelin

--
Linux is like wigwam - no windows, no gates and apache inside. ...