Binary Cursors and On-The-Wire

From: Naomi Walker <nwalke(at)eldocomp(dot)com>
To: "tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>,"pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Binary Cursors and On-The-Wire
Date: 2004-11-02 16:31:06
Lists: pgsql-admin
7.4 changed the external representation in which BINARY CURSOR results
> > are delivered.  Before 7.4 you got the (very machine- and even version-
> > dependent) server internal representation; now you get an on-the-wire
> > representation that we hope to keep stable.

Tom or group, can you please clarify exactly what on-the-wire means?

Naomi Walker                          Chief Information Officer
Eldorado Computing, Inc.              nwalker(at)eldocomp(dot)com 602-604-3100
The scientist is not a person who gives the right answers, he is one who
asks the right questions.    --Claude Levi-Strauss

-- CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE --

This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended addressee, nor authorized to receive for the intended addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received this message in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email, and delete the message. Thank you.

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Werner BohlDate: 2004-11-02 19:23:30