comparing with oracle

From: sachdev(at)dacafe(dot)com
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: comparing with oracle
Date: 2003-12-16 04:03:54
Lists: pgsql-admin
 Hi,
I was able to migrate the Oracle database to Postgres, including
functions, procedures. Thanks to ora2pg script and postgres documentation
on porting from  oracle to Postgres.

I have now two tuff task. We are running Oracle in stadby mode and apply
archive logs at remote place to maintain our DR site. Is there any way I
can  generate archive logs.?

I need to know postgres datacrash recovery techniques also. If the
database crashes  we have around 25Gb of data, is there any way apart from
restoring the full back up?

 Thanks in advance,

Sachdev