Re: PostgreSQL.org Design Proposal

From: Thomas Hallgren <thhal(at)mailblocks(dot)com>
To: Gavin Sherry <swm(at)linuxworld(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL.org Design Proposal
Date: 2004-10-28 12:37:40
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-www

> 1) Links to other .postgresql.org web sites - specifically advocacy and
> gborg: the prior is poorly maintained and I think the useful content (case
> studies) will be linked to from the main page; gborg has also be
> superseded by pgfoundry. I think popular and important projects (like
> JDBC, ODBC, npgsql, etc), irrespective of their being on gborg, pgfoundry
> or else where, should be linked to from the downloads page. I'm not sure
> of the criteria for something getting on the page, but I know that JDBC
> should make it.

In addition to the links at the downloads page, a page could be
maintained where known addons are categorized so that a potential user
of PostgreSQL can get a good overview. The page could contain brief text
(most likely obtained from respective project admin) about JDBC, ODBC,
clustering solutions, server side languages, and other nifty utilities
that are known to add value.

I think this would be good for PostgreSQL since it would give the
impression of a very complete solution and it would be good marketing
for the external modules as well.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren