Re: pgAdmin III v1.2 Beta-3: Problem with "alter

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Walter Haslbeck <wh(at)hillerzentri(dot)de>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgAdmin III v1.2 Beta-3: Problem with "alter
Date: 2004-10-27 13:12:33
Lists: pgadmin-support
Walter Haslbeck wrote:
> Andreas Pflug schrieb:
>
>> I can't reproduce this. I tried different ways; regardless how
>> "public" is entered into the combobox, add/change will replace the
>> public-arwd
>

> I don't enter "public" in the combobox, I select public in the listview
> above. I try to explain it again:
>
> I starting with a table with the following access rights:
>
> root a*r*w*d*R*x*t*
> public arwd
> user1 arwd
>
> Then:
>
> * open Privileges dialog
> * select the secound line in the listview (public  arwd)
> * deselect 'DELETE' checkbox
> * click on "Add/Change" Button
>
> This can be reproduced with pgAdminIII 1.2b3 on win2k/sp4 and winXP/sp2.
> (Haven't tried the linux version untill now).

Still can't see any wrong behaviour, esp. no additional false line.
Please try the 20041022 snapshot, so we're on the very same lib versions.

> BTW: I'm new to this list, So a question: Is it ok to send screenshots?
> To describe bugs in GUI-applications a screenshot can say more then a
> lot of words... :)

Very rarely screenshots say more, your description what's wrong was
quite clear. Please *never* send movies to demonstrate what you did with
the mouse... :-)

Regards,
Andreas