Re: problems with the ODBC driver

From: Daniel Lerch <daniel(at)mountainmeasurement(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: problems with the ODBC driver
Date: 2004-10-26 17:52:32
Lists: pgsql-odbc
I'm having a similar problem as below  (I installed an ODBC driver, but I'm not getting any
sort of ODBC link in my Control Panel like my book (Stones & Matthew,
"Beginning Databases with PostgreSQL", 2001) says I should).

I'm a total newbie to this, though, so I just assumed I did something wrong.

I'm running WinXP Professional, and I downloaded and installed
 'psqlodbc-07_02_0005.zip'
from
 'gborg.postgresql.org'

And, like I said, I'm getting nothing on 'Control Panel'.  According to my 'Add
& Remove Programs' tool, though, it _is_ installed.  What do I need to do?

Please help - I don't know how to move forward, and I'm getting a headache
from banging my head against the monitor.

-d

It's certainly a 32 bit driver (I know, I compiled it!). I have seen
this *once* before, and unfortunately the machine in question was only
fixed with a reinstall of Windows iirc. You might try an MDAC update
from www.microsoft.com/data - that might sort out and messed up ODBC
files or settings.

Regards, Dave

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: Greg CampbellDate: 2004-10-26 18:08:06
Previous:From: Emmon SimboDate: 2004-10-26 11:46:15
Subject: Re: psqlODBC on MacOSX 10.3.5