Limiting postmaster to listen in a particular ip address only

From: Rajesh Kumar Mallah <mallah(at)trade-india(dot)com>
To: Postgres Admin List <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Limiting postmaster to listen in a particular ip address only
Date: 2004-10-26 15:18:38
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hi,

I have two NICs in my machine i want that postmaster shud only listen to the
internal NIC . I cannot limit it to listen in  unix domain sockets only
because
it needs to be accessed from other machine inside LAN.

Is there any way to accomplish it or a restrictive pg_hba.conf is the only
solution ?

Most of the servers ( like bind,apache) provide the facitly  of accepting
connections only on particular ip addresses / interfaces shud postmaster
also provide the same (in case its not so)?

Regds
mallah.

--

regds
Mallah.

Rajesh Kumar Mallah
| Tradeindia.com  (3,11,246) Registered Users 	    |
| Indias' Leading B2B eMarketPlace                  |
| http://www.tradeindia.com/			    |

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Rob LongDate: 2004-10-26 15:26:22