db rename

From: Jodi Kanter <jkanter(at)virginia(dot)edu>
To: Postgres Admin List <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: db rename
Date: 2004-10-25 12:59:03
Lists: pgsql-admin
I thought there was an option to rename a database? I cannot seem to
find the syntax in any of my books or on the web site. Am I incorrect?
We are running 7.3.4. We have to bring our sytem down to upgrade the
release this afternoon. There are a number of db changes taking place so
I was thinking instead of taking the system down for an extended amount
of time I could build another database with all our new items and then
just rename it when we are ready.
Is there a rename option out there for our version?
thanks
Jodi
--

Jodi L Kanter

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Rajesh Kumar MallahDate: 2004-10-25 13:12:21