Re: Nice vacuums

From: "Matthew T(dot) O'Connor" <matthew(at)zeut(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "D'Arcy J(dot)M(dot) Cain" <darcy(at)druid(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Nice vacuums
Date: 2004-10-22 18:29:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

> What *would* be useful is an option to turn on the 8.0 vacuum cost delay
>
>features (ie, set non-default values for those GUC variables).

Just curious, if I were to submit patches in the next week or so that
added new command line options to pg_autovacuum that corresponded to the
new vacuum cost delay features, would they still be accepted? I know we
are well into beta, but it's also a contrib module, and the changes
would be pretty simple.

Thoughts?