Re: pgAdmin Beta 3 problems

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Gary Doades <gpd(at)gpdnet(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgAdmin Beta 3 problems
Date: 2004-10-22 14:36:16
Lists: pgadmin-support

Gary Doades wrote:

> 1) The "Recent Files" menu doesn't seem to work at all any more. #

Yes, I spoiled that. Unfortunately, I committed a mixture of old and new
code, which results in this behaviour. Fixed now.

> 2) Creating a new database on the local (Windows XP) cluster gave a
> "Locale: is invalid" message.

I didn't believe it until I saw it with my very own eyes. This is a
problem that the new wx snapshot introduced, some very strange stuff was
coded for win32, which ultimately breaks two very basic wxComboBox
methods. I had to implement a helper class to replace the broken method
with a better one without requiring another private wx snapshot.

> 3) It still gets the "dirty edit buffer" logic wrong. I have noticed that then
> I open a file it has not marked the buffer as dirty. I can navigate around
> the screen, making no changes and it is still OK. As soon as the edit
> buffer scrolls, with either the keyboard or mouse, the buffer is flagged
> as dirty and you are asked for saving changes when you quit.

I found that too: the change is generated by the control itself, it's
the colourising code which is done on demand when scrolling. I'm forcing
it to colourize all text now, which stops it from throwing changed
events later on.

Fixed in cvs, new win32 snapshot following tonight.

Phew! These where some nasty bugs. Thanks for reporting!

Regards,
Andreas