Re: Problem with pgfoundry ...

From: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>,"Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, gforge-admins(at)pgfoundry(dot)org,pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problem with pgfoundry ...
Date: 2004-10-22 13:27:42
Lists: pgsql-www
Robert Treat wrote:
<snip>

> Do we need to start thinking of an alternative scheme for getting this out to
> people? I'd imagine the loads we see now will pale in comparason to the loads
> we see once the final release goes out.

Maybe speaking to a few of the mirrors and trial/try having a:

/pgfoundry/<project>/<filename>

area added to the mirror system, then have pgFoundry direct people to that.

It'd probably be a lot of extra disk space needed on the mirrors, thus
my thought of someone speaking to a few of them first to see if they'd
be interested.

?

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift