SQLDescribeCol before SQLExcecute call problerm

From: mik(at)mikronika(dot)com(dot)pl
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: SQLDescribeCol before SQLExcecute call problerm
Date: 2004-09-17 09:32:39
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Hi!

I have problem with the latest odbc postgres driver. In previous version
of the driver I can call SQLDescribeCol and SQLExecute in any
order. Now if I call SQLDescribeCol before SQLExecute I got error:

HY010 (Function sequence error). ODBC SDK documentation allows calling in
that order. Is it the feature or bug?

I have many lines of code depend on library (OTL) which using that sort of
calling convention. And now that will be very difficult to change it.

Problem concerns both the latest snapshot and cvs-tree on Windows and Linux.

Regards,

Michał Konopiński

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: Jeff EckermannDate: 2004-09-17 18:53:55