Re: MS ASCII characters in text field

From: "Kevin McCarthy" <kemccarthy1(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: MS ASCII characters in text field
Date: 2007-03-26 21:20:31
Lists: pgsql-novice

Thanks, this is the case.

As for changing it, docs seem to suggest that encoding can be set only upon
database creation. The database which we need to change is running in
production although with fairly low traffic at the present time. Would the
best suggestion be to dump the current database and re-import? And if so,
any hint on how to indicate the encoding upon creation? Docs probably state
how but just thought I'd ask.

Thanks again.

--
http://www.linkedin.com/in/kevinemccarthy