I seem to have encountered several problems with the latest Beta3 of
pgAdmin. This was installed with the latest Beta3 Dev1 installer for
I had Beta2 of pgAdmin previously installed, which was uninstalled
when I uninstalled Beta2 PostgreSQL.
1) The "Recent Files" menu doesn't seem to work at all any more.
There was a list of files left over from a previous pgAdmin install. None
of these worked. Even when opening a file then going to the recent files
list it still wouldn't re-open.
2) Creating a new database on the local (Windows XP) cluster gave a
"Locale: is invalid" message. I only typed in the name of the database
and clicked OK. The default locale in the drop-down was UNICODE.
When I selected something other than UNICODE and the re-selected
UNICODE, clicked OK and it created the database OK.
3) It still gets the "dirty edit buffer" logic wrong. I have noticed that then
I open a file it has not marked the buffer as dirty. I can navigate around
the screen, making no changes and it is still OK. As soon as the edit
buffer scrolls, with either the keyboard or mouse, the buffer is flagged
as dirty and you are asked for saving changes when you quit.
pgadmin-support by date
|Next:||From: Miha Radej||Date: 2004-10-21 22:13:48|
|Subject: refreshing object tree|
|Previous:||From: firstname.lastname@example.org||Date: 2004-10-21 20:11:07|