Re: portal code changes

From: Alexey Borzov <borz_off(at)cs(dot)msu(dot)su>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: portal code changes
Date: 2004-10-21 06:08:55
Lists: pgsql-www
Hi,

Robert Treat wrote:
>>Well, as Magnus already pointed out, I just renamed "About" to "Overview".
>>I don't see the point of splitting it into "About" and "Using" --- we don't
>>yet have enough content to justify any splits. Some of the stuff should
>>probably end in the "documentation" section alongside the official docs,
>>though.
>
> The difference in the two sections is that one is to keep advocacy oriented
> material... stuff the someone who is trying to determine if postgresql is
> good for them would need to know.  The other section is aimed more at people
> who use postgresql everyday, or need to explore deeper into the different
> options they have with postgresql.

Hey, *you* know anout the difference between "advocacy-oriented" and
"user-oriented" content. But will the website users know it? That's the question
you need to answer first. If there is no difference for them then there is no
need to split.

>>You tell me what do you mean by "splitting", I tell you how feasible this
>>is...
>
> I mean listing "regular" events seperate from "training" events, sort of like
> we have news seperate from events now.

OK, I could understand *that*. ;)

But *how* do you think they should be split: in display, in submit form, in
admin interface, etc.?