Re: portal code changes

From: Alexey Borzov <borz_off(at)cs(dot)msu(dot)su>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: portal code changes
Date: 2004-10-20 19:53:34
Lists: pgsql-www
Hi,

Robert Treat wrote:
> I'm planning to shuffle some of the content around in the new portal and
> rename the menu items accordingly... the new menu would look like:
>
> Home (the home page w/ news, events)
> About PostgreSQL (general overview, case studies, advocacy, newbies
> Using PostgreSQL  (users lounge, gui tools, bug reporting )
> Contributing to PostgreSQL (mainly developer.postgresql.org stuff)
> Download (overview download page, ftp links, etc.)
> Support (support overview page, lists, etc.)
> Documentation  (docs, faqs)
>
> I'm thinking none of this should conflict with anything your working on, LMK
> if you see any problems with it.

Well, as Magnus already pointed out, I just renamed "About" to "Overview". I
don't see the point of splitting it into "About" and "Using" --- we don't yet
have enough content to justify any splits. Some of the stuff should probably end
in the "documentation" section alongside the official docs, though.

> Oh, I was also thinking now might be a good time to split events into
> events/training, how feasible do you feel that would be?

::shrugs::
You tell me what do you mean by "splitting", I tell you how feasible this is...