Re: slony?

From: Reini Urban <rurban(at)x-ray(dot)at>
To: kuszinger(at)giscom(dot)hu
Cc: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: slony?
Date: 2004-10-20 19:21:48
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
Robert Kuszinger schrieb:
> I'm trying to compile slony on cygwin, but several modules fail (slon and slonik and maybe others)
>
> However, ./configure runs without warning and make command  says that build
> was successful, however it is clear that certain modules produced error.
>
> Slony would be essential for our work, but I'm not a C programmer.
> I cannot do anything else but
>
> configure
> make all
> make install
>
> :)
>
> However, postgresql 8 compile and build was perfect, I'm using
> the latest CVS.
>
> Slony is the sync tool that is the most likely working on this platform
> as erserver uses java which is a horror on mixed paltforms (windows and cygwin the
> same time).

I can try to make it work, but at first my whole attention is targetted
to mysterious php memory errors on another project which affects
multiple sf.net projects.

slony and postgis are the next postgres extensions:
postgis just needs some more esoteric libs to build (netcdf, DODS).
slony doesn't look hard either.