Re: mailing list offer

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
Cc: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>,"Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>,PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2004-10-20 19:08:39
Lists: pgsql-www
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Guys,
> Hmmm ... from my perspective, what we need is not so much to move the mailing
> lists, is to have a fallback to another mailing list server in the event that
> becomes unavailable for some reason, such as the trunk line in Costa
> Rica going down (as happened last fall).   The mailing lists are the backbone
> of our community; we really can't afford for them to go offline for more than
> a few hours.

Well although that is obviously a possibility (Backhoe comes to mind)
our connectivity comes from three different providers:

1. ELI
2. Sprint
3. TimeWarner

Also our connectivity is physically accessible my half a dozen people
within 30 minutes, even at 3:00 AM. If something goes down, the whole
freaking world is notified to make sure it is getting worked on. Did I
mention the natural gas fired generator? ;)

I just want to help make the parts of the project that we can, as
reliable as possible.

Joshua D. Drake

Command Prompt, Inc., home of PostgreSQL Replication, and plPHP.
+1-503-667-4564 - jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com -