Re: mailing list offer

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: John Hansen <john(at)geeknet(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2004-10-19 03:24:43
Lists: pgsql-www

John Hansen wrote:

>You should be aware tho, that iirc the current tally is closing in on
>300.000 emails. Does anyone have any installations with that much data
>indexed by tsearch2, who would be able to give us some indicative
>reports on query time?

I have a database now with 1.77 million entries using Tsearch. The
entries are book titles. It runs
very well. There are some tricks to it though. For example what we had
to was have a single
table that has nothing but a product_id, title, title_vectors.

Then on a search, we return the product_ids and grab the titles from the
detail table via the product_ids
that were pulled from the search.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake