Re: mailing list offer

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>,PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2004-10-19 03:12:50
Lists: pgsql-www
Justin Clift wrote:

> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>> Thanks, but the mailing lists are fine where they currently are ...
>> there are no current plans to move them ...
> Actually, it's an interesting thought and once in place it would free
> up people's time for other stuff.
> Joshua, what hardware would you be looking at getting for it, and what
> kind of software do you guys generally use for mailing lists?

I figured I would put together a small dual opteron with an SATA array...

We are fond of mailman but will use anything the project desires.

> The other initial main thought is... what kind of hours of support can
> we expect?  Like, if something fails at 1am, can we ring someone
> who'll be able to look into it in a decent timeframe and have the
> ability to get it resolved (within reason of course).

I would provide my cell phone to appropriate responsible parties and
other on-call numbers when needed.

Joshua D. Drake

> :)
> Regards and best wishes,
> Justin Clift

+1-503-667-4564 - jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com -