Re: Data Grid

From: Jake Stride <nsuk(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: Ron St-Pierre <rstpierre(at)syscor(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Data Grid
Date: 2004-10-13 21:02:21
Lists: pgsql-novice
Ron St-Pierre wrote:

> I've done something similar, but I use a function and a view to get
> the results, and the report columns and rows are transposed from how
> you would like it, ie the dates are along side and the items are along
> the top. The items are coded directly into the function and view
> definitions, but the dates and counts are dynamically updated, so if
> you were to use this you would manually have to update the function
> and vew to accomodate them.  If you're happy with that I could send
> you a copy of the function and view, which with only a little
> modification on your part, could give you results.
>
> Ron

Yes I would be interested in seeing what you have, the columns/rows
aren't an issue as I can adjust them when I get them from the database
and draw the graph. The problem I may have is that I don't know how many
types there will be as people can add/remove them from the 'type' table
as they please, but I may be able to work something out with what you
have done already.

Thanks

Jake