Bug in function property dialog

From: Alexander Borkowski <alexander(dot)borkowski(at)abri(dot)une(dot)edu(dot)au>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bug in function property dialog
Date: 2004-10-12 08:01:16
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

I think I found a bug in the funcion property dialog of pgAdmin3 1.2.0
Beta 2 (Win XP). I have a PostgreSQL 7.4.3 backend and it does not allow
"ALTER FUNCTION ... OWNER TO ...", i.e. it pops up an error dialog
saying "ERROR: syntax error at or near "OWNER" at character ...". It
also fails when I try the same SQL code with psql on Linux against the
same backend and the 7.4.3 documentation doesn't mention this capability.

My suggestion is to disable the Owner combobox if the backend version is
less than whatever backend version supports this functinality.

Thanks,

Alex