Re: CVS Commit by andreas: more pgFrame refactoring

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: CVS Commit by andreas: more pgFrame refactoring
Date: 2004-10-10 21:54:43
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Dave Page wrote:

> Cool. Looking forward to seeing it.

:-)
Kind-of done on postgresql.conf. I've put quite some effort in editing
the file chirurgically, retaining as much previous information as possible.

> Ready for another beta yet or should we bite the bllet and go for a
> release?

OOH, I'd like to have a release asap, so I can push the config editors.
OTOH, some more feedback (preferrably not the beta-1 bug..) would be
nice. The recent "owner code" fix is typical for stuff I'd expect to be
buried in pgadmin with several other flavours too.

If nothing happens the next few days, I'd opt for freezing RC1, and
forking off 1.3. If there's really more stuff in RC1 after that, we
probably can apply the fix on two versions without too much duplicate work.

That RC1 is another good timestamp to announce.

After the fork, you may touch BCE (backend configuration editor)
yourself. It does configuration using direct file access as well as
using sql.

Regards,
Andreas