Re: CVS Commit by andreas: disable function owner

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: CVS Commit by andreas: disable function owner
Date: 2004-10-08 11:14:20
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Dave Page wrote:

> Andreas (and other committers); please use a message more like:
>
> disable function owner for pgsql < 8.0, per report from Tony Caduto
>
> I've used the [Name Here] convention for years to note the author of the
> change, just so we can see who actually wrote the code in question in
> case there are ever any licencing issues.

Apparently I misunderstood that when I saw this in CHANGELOG.txt (e.g.
on 2004-09-16). I never got the idea of licensing issues on a hint that
an attribute was missing, but thought it would be a good idea to reflect
the appreciation of user's feedback about pgadmin problems.

I don't object marking bug reporters in CHANGELOG.txt/cvs differently,
but this seems not adequate for licensing issues. The nature of pgAdmin
is quite clear, so anybody posting something here already does this
under the Artistic Licence. For nontrivial extended code fragments
contributed by non-devteam members we should add a comment "contributed
by ..." in the sources.

Regards,
Andreas