update rules + views + odbc problems

From: Mike Fahey <mfahey(at)enter(dot)net>
To: Postgres list <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: update rules + views + odbc problems
Date: 2004-10-07 15:07:32
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Hi, i'm runing into problems when I have a view defined and then try to
update the view with a rewrite rule in place.

At a psql prompt I can update the view just fine.

I'm using access 2003 and I have a subform bound to a view in postgres,
then I have a rewrite rule defined on the view.

With psqlodbc.dll version  07.03.0200 I get the following error in access:

No Current Record.

With psqlodbc.dll version 08.00.0001 I get the following error in access:

Write Conflict

This record has been changed by another user since you started editing
it. if you
save the record you will overwrite the changes the other user made.

Copying the changes to the clipboard will let you look  at the values
the other user entered,
and then paste your changes back in  if you decide to make changes.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

--
With best regards,

Mike Fahey - Systems Administration
     ENTER.NET - "The Road to the Internet Starts Here!" (tm)
 (610) 437-2221 * http://www.enter.net/ * email:support(at)enter(dot)net

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: Dave PageDate: 2004-10-07 20:02:02