Re: CVS Commit by dpage: Dynamically link libpq/OpenSSL

From: Alexander Borkowski <alexander(dot)borkowski(at)abri(dot)une(dot)edu(dot)au>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: CVS Commit by dpage: Dynamically link libpq/OpenSSL
Date: 2004-10-07 07:22:44
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Dave Page wrote:

> No, they need to be there - there the import libraries that contain the stubs for the functions in the dlls.

Please correct me if I get this totally confused, but aren't the stubs
for the SSL stuff already in libpq.dll (looking at
postgresql-8.0.0beta3/src/interfaces/libpq/win32.mak with USE_SSL
defined)? And as far as I can tell pgAdmin III is not using any of the
SSL functions directly anyway since they are hidden behind the libpq API
(pgConn.cpp lines 196 to 207), so why link against the SSL libraries
(static or dynamic) in this case?

Regards,

Alex