Re: table and column's comments

From: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
To: kmarcos(at)mazda(dot)com(dot)co
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: table and column's comments
Date: 2004-10-06 22:11:14
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Katalina Marcos wrote:

> I want to ask you if I can retrieve table’s comment and column’s
> comments whit ResultSetMetaData in pgjdbc.

You can't get at the comments via the standard interface; it has no
provision for them. The label fields are apparently intended for output
formatting, not for comment display. See the discussion at:

   http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2004-07/msg00314.php
   http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2004-08/msg00008.php

If you need to get at the comments, you'll need to do a
postgresql-specific query.

-O