Re: Can't find ODBC driver in the admin list

From: "Greg Campbell" <greg(dot)campbell(at)us(dot)michelin(dot)com>
To: Gene Farrelly <Gene(dot)Farrelly(at)flashpoint(dot)com>, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Can't find ODBC driver in the admin list
Date: 2004-10-04 19:06:01
Lists: pgsql-odbc

One more thing to check
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBCINST.INIT]
subkey ODBC Drivers
There should be a data item for each driver with a string (REG_SZ) that
has "Installed" as the data in the string.

From where did you get the pg ODBC package, you installed? Presumably
postgresql.org/download and GBorg download full lead you to a site or
mirror where you downloaded a full most recent zip.

Gene Farrelly wrote:

>Greg --
>
>Thanks for the note. Yes, I have admin privileges on both boxes that
>I've tried. I can't find the ODBC driver listed in any of the tabs
>(system, user, or file, or drivers). And when I click the Add button on
>the system, user, and file tabs, I still don't see the driver listed.
>
>Yet, in my registry under the path you indicated, I have the following:
>PostgreSQL
>PostgreSQL Legacy
>PostgreSQL Unicode (Beta)
>
>Any suggestions?
>
>Gene

Attachment Content-Type Size
greg.campbell.vcf text/x-vcard 283 bytes