alter table owner doesn't update acl information

From: "Madeleine Theile" <madeleine(dot)theile(at)cs(dot)uni-dortmund(dot)de>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: alter table owner doesn't update acl information
Date: 2005-05-10 15:44:49
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

first of all:
I use Postgres-version: 7.3.9 and uname -a gives:
Linux 2.4.21-286-smp4G

Now here's the problem:
I have several superusers in my database and some normal users that only
have access to the data by views.

After I've dropped one of the superusers that created and thus
owns some of the views and reinstalled it again with a different usesysid
the normal users cannot access their views (that are owned by the
aforementioned superuser) any longer.

ERROR: pg_class_aclcheck: invalid user id 113

The workaround I tried without dropping the old views and creating new
views is to alter the owner of the mentioned views. The error stays the same.

I would have expected that the old usesysid that obviousl is the sole
reference to the owner of the view was then updated to the new usesysid.
Thus it is impossible to recover from the problem/mistake without
dropping and creating the views again.
Probably the problem will be the same with normal tables which I didn't
check.

Is this intention or a bug? What else could I try?

Cheers,

Madeleine