Re: output file name - was pg_restore / psql

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Harald Armin Massa <ghum(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: output file name - was pg_restore / psql
Date: 2004-10-04 13:49:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

You didn't read far enough. Just a little further down, under 22.1.3,
you should have seen this:

---------------
If PostgreSQL was built on a system with the zlib compression library
installed, the custom dump format will compress data as it writes it to
the output file. For large databases, this will produce similar dump
sizes to using gzip, but has the added advantage that the tables can be
restored selectively. The following command dumps a database using the
custom dump format:

pg_dump -Fc dbname > filename

See the pg_dump
<http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/app-pgdump.html> and
pg_restore
<http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/app-pgrestore.html>
reference pages for details.

------

The info i referred you to before was from the pg_restore page referred
to here.

The correct way to submit patches is to send them to the -patches
mailing list. Basically, for docs you would need a patch against the
SGML source.

cheers

andrew