Re: output file name - was pg_restore / psql

From: Harald Armin Massa <ghum(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: output file name - was pg_restore / psql
Date: 2004-10-03 22:50:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

uuupsss.. and while at comments:

pg_restore restores a PostgreSQL database from an archive cr

Usage:
pg_restore [OPTION]... [FILE]

General options:
-d, --dbname=NAME output database name (restore into a psql
database)
-f, --file=FILENAME output file name (create a plain text sql file)
-F, --format=c|t specify backup file format (custom or tar,
plain text is not possible)
---------

Yes, I know that "--format=c|t contains the same information; but ... it
can take quite some time to recognize. Especially ... pg_restore MAY be
used in a stress situation (database went down, backup has to be
installed...) when maybe the instructions for re-installations did not
got updated during the last 5 system updates....

(I know, in a correct managed world that would not happen.....)

Harald

Attachment Content-Type Size
ghum.vcf text/x-vcard 366 bytes