Re: pg_restore / psql -f massive problems with

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Harald Armin Massa <ghum(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_restore / psql -f massive problems with
Date: 2004-10-03 13:29:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

Harald Armin Massa wrote:

> I skimmed it in the mailing list, there were some references that
> pg_restore is not working within win32 yet.
>
> Question: is this a known - and - workedon - issue?
>
> Concrete problems:
>
> a) pg_restore -f <filename> ends with "Archiver could not open.." abort

This looks like you tried to restore a text dump. That is documented not
to work. You can only use pg_restore with dumps created with pg_dump -F
c or pg_dump -F t

> b) when pg_dumping to SQL, psql -f <filename> is able to read the dump
>
> *untill* it get's to one copy -statement to read in data. After that,
> the rest of the file is sucked in.... it does not end at the
> stop-Characters.

This looks like the line-end bug that we fixed (or thought we fixed) in
psql some time ago, specifically here:
http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql-server/src/bin/psql/copy.c.diff?r1=1.51;r2=1.52;f=h

If it is not working please provide a concrete small example dump file.

cheers

andrew